Saturday, February 28, 2015

Simply Saturday: So many voices........



Well we are ending the month of February, and ready to enter the month of March, marking the first quarter of year.  In January 2015, I wrote this as I ended the first week of the month,

"It's only the end of first week of the month, of a new year and I'm exhausted from  a week's of activity, and so many voices.  We all can forecast the month of January, by looking at magazine covers, store displays, and media blitz.  It's a new year so....( take a deep breath, this is a run-on thought) let's lose weight, eat healthy, simplify our lives, begin our business, focus our dreams, create a vision for life, purchase new clothes and socks for school, get the dryer fixed, eat healthy, so what's the cost of a bag of apples . Whew... that was tiresome.  Just writing it down, was exhausting."

Does that make you tired?  It made me exhausted just reading it again, and so here's the inspiration I drew from it for today's post.  Simplicity is not a language of the world.  The world says, do more, buy more, start this, stop that.  If you know me, you know that I create what I want to see in my life.  I'm able to do this because I'm always examining, how I can be better, feel better, and impact the lives of those around me. 

This week's challenge:
  • Take an inventory of your first two months of the year.  Did you set some goals?  Are they visible in your everyday life? If they are, how does that change what's ahead in the months to come?  If not, what can you do to change it? 
  • Did you write a vision statement for your year? Or create a vision board? Do you need help in creating a vision for your life, checkout franklincovey.com.
  • If your life sounds like my entry from January, how can you slow down this week and take the control back?  What's one thing you can do to begin?  Do it now.
  • BREATHE, deeply and often, today is a new day.
Simply Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Leave a comment, share your story, or just check in.